A leading pharmaceutical company with a core specialisation in the production of veterinary drugs, importation, marketing, distribution & export of pharmaceutical, surgical and veterinary products, medical equipment & furniture as well as allied and diagnostic products is urgently looking for a Warehouse Manager.
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing programs, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Strategically manage the warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies.
- Plan work rosters, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees.
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc.).
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University Degree or its equivalent.
- 8 years’ experience in managing a large warehouse.
- Good knowledge of computing skills.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager with excellent managerial, organisation and planning skills.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Good analytical, strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Sound knowledge of pharmaceutical warehousing processes and legislations.
- Excellent communication skills, team player and result oriented.
Very competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful incumbent based on experience. Kindly quote your current and expected gross remuneration.